An Introduction to Wordrays Terms of Service
Welcome to Wordrays Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our mission is to provide the platform the share the content. The Wordrays platform offers a place to write and connect with the people who seeks for ideas and information.
- You own the content that you post; you also grant us and other users of the Wordrays platform certain rights and license to use it. The details of these licenses are described in section 3(c) below.
- You are responsible for the content that you post. This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party (for example, defamation) or any applicable laws.
- You can repost content from Wordrays elsewhere, provided that that you attribute the content back to the Wordrays platform and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction” designation.
- We do not endorse or verify content posted by users. Our content and materials are provided to you “as is,” without any guarantees. You are solely responsible for your own use of the Wordrays platform. Posts from lawyers, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints.If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or Wordrays’s policies, you can initiate a report at the contact us .
We are pleased that you want to join the Wordrays platform and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
Wordrays Terms of Service
Last Updated: June 14, 2018
Welcome to Wordrays!
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) sets forth the agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Wordrays, Inc. (“Wordrays” “we” or “us”). It governs your use of the products and services we offer through our web and applications (collectively the “Wordrays Platform”).
Please make sure to read it, because, by using the Wordrays Platform, you consent to these terms.
- Who Can Use It. Use of the Wordrays Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to this Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use.
- You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may terminate or suspend your Wordrays account if you violate any Wordrays policy or for any other reason.
- Changes to the Wordrays Platform. We are always trying to improve your experience on the Wordrays Platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Wordrays Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at Wordrays.com/contact. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
- Definition of Your Content.The Wordrays Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and files to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the Wordrays Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Wordrays Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content,subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us below.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the Wordrays Platform, you grant Wordrays and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the Wordrays Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for Wordrays to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with Wordrays for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of Your Content through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the Wordrays Platform to use and modify Your Content, subject to our Terms of Service.
- Once you post an article. Wordrays will approve your article after reviewing it. Wordrays may remove suspected spam from your article. Once you post a article, it may be edited or deleted by other users or by Wordrays at any time. Any edits and changes made by you may be visible to other users. The right for Wordrays to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any article you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that Wordrays may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Wordrays, its users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your nonexclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third-parties of any of Your Content outside of the Wordrays Platform or in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the Wordrays Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the Wordrays marks, the Wordrays logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of Wordrays Inc., or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other Wordrays users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
- Data. All data Wordrays collects (“Data”) about use of the Wordrays Platform by you or others is the property of Wordrays Inc., its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
- Our License to You.
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content and Materials and Data as made available to you on the Wordrays Platform in connection with your use of the Wordrays Platform, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Wordrays gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Our Content and Materials anywhere on the web provided that: (a) the content was added to the Wordrays Platform (b) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction on the Wordrays Platform; (c) you do not modify the content; (d) you attribute Wordrays by name in readable text and with a human and machine-followable link (an HTML <a> anchor tag) linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on http://Wordrays.com on every page that contains Our Content and Materials; (e) upon request, either by Wordrays or a user, you remove the user’s name from content which the user has subsequently made anonymous; (f) upon request, either by Wordrays or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on the Wordrays Platform; and (g) upon request, either by Wordrays or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable attempt to delete content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction on the Wordrays Platform; (h) you don’t republish more than a small portion of Our Content and Materials. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by Wordrays, or any Wordrays user, without separate, express prior written permission from us.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the Wordrays Platform or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these terms, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- Permitted uses. If you operate a search engine, web crawler, bot, scraping tool, data mining tool, bulk downloading tool, wget utility, or similar data gathering or extraction tool, you may access the Wordrays Platform, subject to the following additional rules: i) you must use a descriptive user agent header; ii) you must follow robots.txt at all times; iii) your access must not adversely affect any aspect of the Wordrays Platform’s functioning; and iv) you must make it clear how to contact you, either in your user agent string, or on your website if you have one.
- No Endorsement or Verification.Please note that the Wordrays Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the Wordrays Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the Wordrays Platform by anyone.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and Materials remain the property of Wordrays’s users or Wordrays. The content, information and services made available on the Wordrays Platform are protected by India and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.
Advertisements. The Wordrays Platform may include advertisements, which may be targeted to content or information on the Wordrays Platform, queries made through the Wordrays Platform, or other information, in an effort to make them relevant to you. The types and extent of advertising by Wordrays are subject to change. In consideration for Wordrays granting you access to and use of the Wordrays Platform, you agree that Wordrays and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Wordrays Platform. If you wish to become an advertiser, you will be required to enter into separate and supplemental terms with us about providing advertising services on the Wordrays Platform.
- Legal, Medical & Other Professional Contributors. Some users who post content are members of legal, medical, and other licensed professions (collectively, “Professional Contributors”). Content posted by Professional Contributors should be not be relied on as a substitute for advice from a professional that is appropriate for your specific situation. Wordrays has provided certain disclaimer template language that Professional Contributors may edit and incorporate in their answers. Ethics rules differ by state or location, and it is the responsibility of Professional Contributors to determine and provide disclaimers appropriate for their profession and the content provided.
- Web resources and third-party services. The Wordrays Platform may also offer you the opportunity to visit links to other websites or to engage with third-party products or services. You assume all risk arising out of your use of such websites or resources.
- Services that Require Separate Agreement. Certain features or services may require that you enter into a separate and supplemental written agreement prior to use.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF WORDRAYS ENTITIES TO YOU.
“WORDRAYS ENTITIES” MEANS WORDRAYS INC., AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM. EACH PROVISION BELOW APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- WE ARE PROVIDING YOU THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM, ALONG WITH OUR CONTENT AND MATERIALS AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS, ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WORDRAYS ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USEAGE.
- WORDRAYS MAKES NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR: (i) CONTENT POSTED BY ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY; (ii) ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE, THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT, OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE LISTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM, INCLUDING AN INTEGRATED SERVICE PROVIDER OR PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR; (iii) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM; OR (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT. WORDRAYS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (a) THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (b) THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (c) THE RESULTS OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE USE OF THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM, A PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY OTHER USER WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (d) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED OR PURCHASED BY YOU THROUGH THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM WILL BE SATISFACTORY.
- YOU AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WORDRAYS ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WORDRAYS ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF DATA (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM.
- YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM IS TO STOP USING THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WORDRAYS’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM OR THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID TO WORDRAYS IN CONNECTION WITH THE WORDRAYS PLATFORM IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY.
You agree to release, indemnify, and defend Wordrays Entities from all third-party claims and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to: i) your use of the Wordrays Platform, ii) Your Content, iii) your conduct or interactions with other users of the Wordrays Platform, or iv) your breach of any part of this Agreement. We will promptly notify you of any such claim and will provide you (at your expense) with reasonable assistance in defending the claim. You will allow us to participate in the defense and will not settle any such claim without our prior written consent. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In that event, you will have no further obligation to defend us in that matter.